Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Yay some order

Goals continue to be met, today I have made our business official by opening a business account, so we are officially in the book business and our website is up and fully running, feel free to take a peek - www.audreyrosebooks.com - we are open and ready for business. I am so excited.

Our weekend was full with shopping for inventory and celebrating our sons 16th birthday with a group of his friends, this as I mentioned sparked my "get the house in order" motivation. So a good portion is done.

My next big goal is getting my inventory up to the 3000 mark. I have been checking my website on the websitegrader.com site to see if the changes I am making per their suggestions are working and I am proud to day that since my first grade check which was a 3%, I am now up to a 36%, I know still not 100% but I am taking baby steps and almost everytime I check the grade there is improvement.

OK for what I am reading now, I have chosen a book based on several recommendations from friends. This one is called The Shack, it is thus far a tough read in that it is heart-wrenching, but I have been told it is a necessary read and very well worth my time, it is an easy read in that it is very well written and easy to follow. So I will let you know when I am done my thoughts on it.

Are we in order for school? Well I thought we were and then I started reading a lot this summer and found that while I do like my eclectic style I am also leaning towards a more unschooling approach. So while I feel that math is still very important and a good foundation in grammar, I am putting in my older children's hands as to what they will choose to use to fullfill what they feel they need to accomplish in those areas and I will support their choice and give them what ever tools are necessary to help them. History is going to be fun this year as all 4 children and myself are going to make our way through American History, lots of hands on and fieldtrips, with some "real books" "living history books" and the like. I was never much into history which my knowledge is a dead give-away of that fact, but along with my new found interest in it and my husbands astounding knowledge of it (he can answer pretty much any question you have about history of anytime and any place) we will have loads of fun learning together.

So that is about all I have for now.

No comments: